What’s On: Services/Events/News
The Rev’d Keith Thornborough will live stream Morning Service on Sunday 29th March at 10.30am on FaceBook. See link to FB below. Not on FB? Sign up now, it’s easy and ‘LIKE’ our page to keep in touch. Keep Safe and God Bless.
It is with great regret and sadness, that following the latest announcement from our Prime Minister, all churches will now be closed until further notice. No churches will be open for private prayer nor for funerals. Download our Church’s statement below.
It you wish to follow a ‘Spiritual Communion‘ – for when unable to attend a celebration of the Eucharist in church. Download below.
Prayer about the outbreak: ‘Keep us, good Lord, under the shadow of your mercy in this time of uncertainty and distress. Sustain and support the anxious and fearful, and lift up all who are brought low; that we may rejoice in your comfort knowing that nothing can separate us from your love in Christ Jesus our Lord’. Amen.
Our team of clergy and other volunteers are continuing to work hard and pray for the church and the community during the interregnum and whilst services are suspended because of the coronavirus.
Rev’d Keith Thornborough, (also a full time senior nurse), and retirees, Rev’d Alan Brooks, Rev’d Bill Matthews and Rev’d Chris Jones until the installation of Rev Beth Anderson (date to be confirmed). We thank all the clergy for their time and contribution to the life of St. Nicholas’ Church.
GOOD NEWS – from the Ven. Pete Spiers, Archdeacon of Knowsley and Sefton – “I am delighted to commend to you the appointment of the Rev Beth Anderson, currently curate in charge at St Helen’s Parish Church as your next vicar.”
PLEASE NOTE: ALL WORSHIP IN CHURCH SUSPENDED; HALL BOOKINGS – Bookings/availability and Community Group User Contacts – ALL SUSPENDED Please contact Liz Sinker, hall bookings secretary, directly 0151 476 4211 about bookings; HERITAGE VISITORS & CHURCH OPENING TIMES VISIT US – All Heritage tours are suspended
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP IN THIS PERIOD OF LOCK DOWN? OUR INCOME HAS DECREASED, WE HAVE NO RENTAL INCOME, NO FUNDRAISING EVENTS AND NO LOOSE PLATE.
• Those who already give via the Parish Giving Scheme can easily increase their monthly gifts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0333 002 1260
• Those who pay by Standing order givers can amend their gift online or via telephone banking
• If you have access to internet banking, direct gifts can be made to St Nicholas’ Church PCC: Sort code 09 01 52 Account number 36419706. Please add your name to the payment reference so we can claim Gift Aid where we already have a gift aid declaration
• The Parish Giving Scheme is not currently processing new requests to join it. N.B. a direct donation by bank transfer or new standing order would reach us more quickly.
• If you have no access to online banking please set aside your weekly giving envelopes. These can then be brought into church or even collected from you once restrictions are relaxed.
• We are also looking into a suitable online giving platform