As well as our regular services on Sunday and Wednesday mornings, we offer further opportunities to develop our Christian life through bible study groups and prayer.
BIBLE STUDY GROUP: meets first Wednesday in the month at 11.00am in the Council Chamber and is led by our Vicar, Janet Roberts. Following our time of study we share a lunch altogether. You are also very welcome to join us earlier for Eucharist at 10.15am in the Council Chamber.
SOUL FOOD – ‘Lifting our sights and going deeper’: Generally held on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month in the church from 5.00pm to 6.15pm. Part of an informal service, we offer a study opportunity for anybody who wants to learn more about their Christian faith and to understand the bible better. A relaxed and informal time where we can discuss current issues as well as study the bible. There are no questions or topics that are barred, you do not have to come with a lot of knowledge but feel free to come with a lot questions! Dates for 2019:
Although this is aimed at adults, children are welcome to come and the children’s corner will be available. We will provide drinks, toast and cake! Email Ravi: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
START COURSES: These informal courses are held regularly throughout the year. They are usually held on Wednesday evenings at 8.00pm at a local venue. Course includes a DVD presentation, and time for discussion and reflection. Dates and content of the course will be posted on website or in our weekly bulletin, or you can phone Janet, our Vicar, 0151 924 3551 or email her: email@example.com to find out when next course starts.
STUDY THE BIBLE AT HOME: Try Book by Book a unique and affordable DVD-based Bible study resource that is rich in quality content and variety (Charity Number: 1116805).
In addition there are periodically other opportunities for study within St. Nicholas’ Church and other local churches. See Janet. our vicar, for more details or the Weekly Bulletin.
PRAYER OPPORTUNITIES: You can participate in the following ways:
- Join us in our Sunday and Wednesday church services for group prayer.
- For private and confidential prayer our ‘Prayer Ministry’ is held usually on the first Sunday of each month, during the main 10.30am service in St. Barnabas’ Chapel. (at rear of church). Here, two trained persons are available to hold a private prayer ministry during and after Communion.
- Each Thursday at 9.00am we hold a Morning Prayer in church. We focus on the wider Church, the World, and those who are sick.
- Our ‘Prayer Tree’, at the back of church. Write the name of a person you wish to pray for and hang it on the tree.
- Our ‘Weekly Bulletin‘ offers you the opportunity to add the name of a sick person you wish to pray to our list. If you want a name included, either write their name in the book, by the prayer tree, or telephone the church office.