As well as our regular services on Sunday and Wednesday mornings, we offer further opportunities to develop our Christian life through bible study groups and prayer.
STUDY OPPORTUNITIES – You can participate in the following ways:
Our regular Bible Study Group meets first Wednesday in the month at 11.00am in the Council Chamber and is led by our vicar, Janet Roberts. Following our time of study we share a lunch altogether. You are also very welcome to join us earlier for Eucharist at 10.15am in the Council Chamber.
Soul Food: ‘Lifting our sights and going deeper’
This will be a service for anybody who wants to learn more about their Christian faith and to understand the bible better. A relaxed and informal time where we can discuss current issues as well as study the bible. There are no questions or topics that are barred, you do not have to come with a lot of knowledge but feel free to come with a lot questions!
We will provide drinks, toast and cake
Although this is aimed at adults, children are welcome to come and the children’s corner will be available.
It will be on two Sundays a month in the church from 5.00pm to 6.15pm.
Dates: July 2nd and 16th, August 6th and 20th, Sep 3rd and 17th, Oct 1st and 15th, Nov 5th and 19th, Jan 7th and 21th
Email Ravi: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Studying the bible at home? Try Book by Book a unique and affordable DVD-based Bible study resource that is rich in quality content and variety (Charity Number: 1116805).
In addition there are periodically other opportunities for study within St. Nicholas’ Church and other local churches. See Janet. our vicar, for more details.
PRAYER OPPORTUNITIES – You can participate in the following ways:
- Join us in our Sunday and Wednesday church services for group prayer.
- For a private and confidential our ‘prayer ministry‘ is held on the first Sunday of each month, during the main 10.30am service in St. Barnabas’ Chapel. (rear of the church) Here, two persons are available to hold a private prayer ministry during and after the Communion part of the service.
- Each Thursday at 9.05am we hold a Celtic Morning Prayer in church. We focus on the wider Church, the World, and those who are sick.
- Our ‘Prayer Board‘, back of church, you can also add the name of a person with a need to the board.
- Our ‘Weekly Bulletin‘ offers you the opportunity to add the name of a sick person to our list. (You can also ask Janet our Vicar, or one of the church wardens, to add a name too).