- Monitor the state of current children’s provision; explore ways of addressing any weaknesses or gaps.
- Supervise the recruitment and training of leaders.
- Compile and update job descriptions.
- Assess equipment and resource needs.
- Update child protection policy and ensure compliance with the requirements of relevant safeguarding legislation, eg disclosure and barring, training, keeping accurate registers etc.
- Work for the Child Friendly Award
- Communicate the good things that are happening and recruit more people to be involved.
Safeguarding Statement: St Nicholas’ Church Blundellsands takes its duty and obligation to protect all extremely seriously. We have adopted the Church of England’s robust procedures and national guidelines. You can find out more about the national policies and procedures at www.churchofengland.org/safeguarding
If you have any safeguarding concerns or issues on a safeguarding matter then you can find useful information at www.liverpool.anglican.org/safeguarding