Wednesday Morning Eucharist will be resuming this Wednesday (8th July) at 10.15 am. The Rev’d Keith Thornborough will be leading the service. Do join us. An hour of private prayer will follow from 11.00 am – 12 noon. There will be social distancing at all times and hand sanitiser available.
Sunday Services will be resumed in church from SUNDAY 5TH JULY at 10.30 am. Please try to arrive in good time to avoid crowding. Entry will only be via the north door, (Mersey Rd), where hand sanitizer will be available. There will be social distancing of 2 metres at all times, a one way system is signposted, and some areas of church and alternate pews are blocked off. Please follow any other instructions you may be given on the day by Derek and Lesley. We are really looking forward to taking this next step with you in our journey at St Nicholas’.
Please read the ‘Arrangements for Church Services’ below and adhere to these arrangements which are there for the safety of everyone.
Derek Parkinson and Lesley Utley
ST. NICHOLAS HERITAGE – A Record of our Time: A Social History Project during COVID 19. The Heritage Team came up with the idea of trying to create a record of these times, and if possible, build an archive, similar to the material we have been able to put together for our recent commemorations of the two world wars. We are inviting contributions from as wide a range of people as possible, from both the church and, we hope, the wider community. We plan to publish material in various forms on our website, but will also save everything we receive for future use. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING TO CREATE A NEW SOCIAL HISTORY RECORD, PLEASE GO TO THE HYPERLINK FOR OUR LATEST UPDATE AND TO READ MORE…… https://stnicholasblundellsands.org/social-history-project-during-covid-19/
‘Daily Hope’ is a free national phone-line aimed particularly at the over 75s who don’t have access to the internet. Research indicates that some three million people – particularly those in this age group – have no, or very irregular, access to the internet. The line will be available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044.
Callers will hear a special greeting from the Archbishop of Canterbury before being able to choose from a range of options, including Prayer During the Day and Night Prayer updated daily, from Common Worship, and a recording of the Church of England’s weekly national online service. A section called Hymn Line will also offer callers a small selection of hymns, updated daily. An option entitled ‘Hymns We Love’, provides a hymn and reflection and is based on an initiative by ‘Connections’, a group focused on this age group.
Prayer about the outbreak: ‘Keep us, good Lord, under the shadow of your mercy in this time of uncertainty and distress. Sustain and support the anxious and fearful, and lift up all who are brought low; that we may rejoice in your comfort knowing that nothing can separate us from your love in Christ Jesus our Lord’. Amen.
We recognise these are very difficult times for many people, as well as the church. Our income has decreased significantly, but our outgoings have not changed. If you think you can help in this period of lockdown, then here are some ways in which you may be able to help.
- Those who already give via the Parish Giving Scheme can easily increase their monthly gifts by email to email@example.com or call 0333 002 1260
- If you wish to register for the Parish Giving Scheme please follow the hyperlink to: https://www.parishgivingscheme.org.uk where you can complete the form and then someone will ring you.
- Those who pay by Standing order givers can amend their gift online or via telephone banking
- If you have access to internet banking, direct gifts can be made to St Nicholas’ Church PCC: Sort code: 09 01 52 , Account number: 36419706. Please add your name to the payment reference so we can claim Gift Aid where we already have a gift aid declaration
- If you have no access to online banking please set aside your weekly giving envelopes. These can then be brought into church or even collected from you once restrictions are relaxed.
- WE NOW HAVE AN ONLINE ‘JUST GIVING PAGE’. If you feel you can give at this difficult time then please go to : https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stnicholas-blundellsands
It you wish to follow a ‘Spiritual Communion‘ – for when unable to attend a celebration of the Eucharist in church. Download below.
Our team of clergy and other volunteers are continuing to work and pray for the church and our community whilst services in church are suspended: The Rev’d Keith Thornborough, (also a full time senior nurse), and retirees, Rev’d Alan Brooks, Rev’d Bill Matthews and Rev’d Chris Jones will continue until the installation of the Rev’d Beth Anderson (date to be confirmed). We thank all the clergy and volunteers for their time and contribution to the life of St. Nicholas’ Church.
- WORSHIP TIMES – SUNDAYS and MID-WEEK SERVICES – SERVICES SUSPENDED
- HALL BOOKINGS – Bookings/availability and Community Group User Contacts – ALL SUSPENDED Please contact Liz Sinker, hall bookings secretary, directly 0151 476 4211 about bookings
- HERITAGE VISITORS & CHURCH OPENING TIMES VISIT US – All Heritage tours are suspended