Although all church buildings are now closed until further notice, we as a church community is still alive. Download our Church’s statement below on coronavirus. Watch out for new posts regarding live streaming of services on FACEBOOK for the Palm Sunday and throughout Holy Week. Service sheets can also be downloaded. Not on FB? Then sign up now using our link below. It’s easy and ‘LIKE’ our page to keep in touch. Keep safe and God bless.
During Holy Week, there will be a live stream service on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 7.30pm. Good Friday’s service will be at 2.00pm. HOLY WEEK SERVICES to download below:
THE SACRAMENT AT EASTER Normally Keith would strip the altars etc in Church before Good Friday and bury the remaining reserved sacrament. However the coronavirus crisis prevents us from going in to church to do this. We are therefore leaving the sacrament in the Aumbry in St Martins Chapel with the sanctuary candle burning over it day and night. This serves as a symbol of hope for us all in these dark days, as we remember the promises that Jesus gives us in the Sacraments.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP IN THIS PERIOD OF LOCK DOWN? OUR INCOME HAS DECREASED, WE HAVE NO RENTAL INCOME, NO FUNDRAISING EVENTS AND NO LOOSE PLATE.
• Those who already give via the Parish Giving Scheme can easily increase their monthly gifts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0333 002 1260
• Those who pay by Standing order givers can amend their gift online or via telephone banking
• If you have access to internet banking, direct gifts can be made to St Nicholas’ Church PCC: Sort code: 09 01 52 , Account number: 36419706. Please add your name to the payment reference so we can claim Gift Aid where we already have a gift aid declaration
• The Parish Giving Scheme is not currently processing new requests to join it. N.B. a direct donation by bank transfer or new standing order would reach us more quickly.
• If you have no access to online banking please set aside your weekly giving envelopes. These can then be brought into church or even collected from you once restrictions are relaxed.
• WE NOW HAVE AN ONLINE ‘JUST GIVING PAGE’. If you feel you can give at this difficult time then please go to : https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stnicholas-blundellsands
It you wish to follow a ‘Spiritual Communion‘ – for when unable to attend a celebration of the Eucharist in church. Download below.
Prayer about the outbreak: ‘Keep us, good Lord, under the shadow of your mercy in this time of uncertainty and distress. Sustain and support the anxious and fearful, and lift up all who are brought low; that we may rejoice in your comfort knowing that nothing can separate us from your love in Christ Jesus our Lord’. Amen.
Our team of clergy and other volunteers are continuing to work hard and pray for the church and our community whilst services are suspended. Rev’d Keith Thornborough, (also a full time senior nurse), and retirees, Rev’d Alan Brooks, Rev’d Bill Matthews and Rev’d Chris Jones until the installation of Rev Beth Anderson (date to be confirmed). We thank all the clergy and volunteers for their time and contribution to the life of St. Nicholas’ Church.
- WORSHIP TIMES – SUNDAYS and MID-WEEK SERVICES – SERVICES SUSPENDED
- HALL BOOKINGS – Bookings/availability and Community Group User Contacts – ALL SUSPENDED Please contact Liz Sinker, hall bookings secretary, directly 0151 476 4211 about bookings
- HERITAGE VISITORS & CHURCH OPENING TIMES VISIT US – All Heritage tours are suspended