A warm welcome awaits you at St Nicholas’ Church, Blundellsands! Whether you are a lifelong Christian or a new believer, whether you want to find out what Christianity is about or are simply looking for a place of sanctuary where you can refresh your spirit, we look forward to welcoming you. Thank you for your interest in our church and its people. St. Nicholas’ has a great variety of services and activities to meet the needs of all age groups; all seeking to connect with God’s world in their thinking and care.
Since the retirement of the Rev’d Canon Janet Roberts in September, our church is in ‘interregnum’ until our next vicar is appointed. The long process of appointment has now started. During this time we will be cared for a small team of clergy who will take our services:- Rev’d Keith Thornborough, known to us all (also a full time senior nurse), and retirees, Rev’d Alan Brooks, Rev’d Bill Matthews and Rev’d Chris Jones. We will also be welcoming other visiting preachers. We thank them all for their time and contribution to the life of St. Nicholas’ Church.
QUICK LINKS TO OTHER PARTS OF OUR WEBSITE:
- LATEST NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS and CHRISTMAS SERVICES – WHAT’S NEW
- WORSHIP TIMES – SUNDAYS and MID-WEEK SERVICES
- OUR MONTHLY MAGAZINE – DECEMBER 2019/JANUARY 2020
- WEEKLY BULLETIN: 19th JANUARY 2020 dates to remember this week and events further ahead.
- HALL BOOKINGS – Bookings/availability and Community Group User Contacts – Please contact Liz Sinker, hall bookings secretary, directly 0151 476 4211 for bookings
- HERITAGE VISITORS & CHURCH OPENING TIMES VISIT US
A link here to The Church of England website offering you daily prayers
Please explore the rest of our website to see what our church family can offer you.
How to get to St. Nicholas’ Church, Bridge Road, Blundellsands, Merseyside, L23 6SA. We are located on the corner of Mersey Road and Bridge Road. The hall entrance is in Harlech Road, behind the church. We are less than 5 minutes walk from Blundellsands & Crosby Station, near to the Antony Gormley’s Iron Men ‘In Another Place’. There is parking for around 12 cars within the church grounds, including one disabled parking bay for Blue Badge Holders. Cycle racks are available on the south side of church, thanks to a grant from Mersey-travel.