Mr W. E. Tyson was an active member of St. Nicholas’ Church throughout his long life, serving in many different capacities. Particularly noteworthy was his role as Churchwarden from 1929 until 1961, during which time he managed numerous building and maintenance projects. Mr. Tyson possessed an intimate knowledge of the church building.
In this history of the Church, written in 1955, he tells the story of how the Church – “Our Church” as he calls it – came to be built and describes the important efforts that were made to enhance the building during its first half century. In recognition of his exceptional service to St. Nicholas’, Mr. Tyson was made Warden Emeritus in 1961. He died in 1971. Read on ….History of St Nicholas’ Church by WE Tyson ‘Our Church’